NOMINATING AN INDIVIDUAL, ORGANIZATION OR BUSINESS:
All nominations will be reviewed by our Business Excellence Awards Committee to ensure that the nomination is eligible.
- Business/Organization/Individual must be located in Penticton and area (Summerland, Naramata, Kaladen, Okanagan Falls, Oliver, Osoyoos and Keremeos)
- You DO NOT need to be a Chamber member to nominate a business, organization or individual.
- A business DOES NOT need to be a Chamber member to be nominated.
- A business only needs one nomination to qualify per award category.
- Nominations must fit with award category criteria. If your nominee does not fit in the category, you have chosen but meets another awards criteria, Chamber staff will try to contact nominator, will review and select a more suitable award category.
- Nominees must have a business within the Penticton area and a valid municipal business license where applicable.
- Any for profit, non-government owned business or individual may be nominated for any award category *excluding not-for-profit award.
- Not-for-profits must be incorporated as a society or charitable organization.
- Not-for-profit organizations (excluding governments) may be nominated for the Service Excellence, Marketing & Communications, Workplace Culture, Young Professional of the Year and Business Leader of the Year *excluding New Business, Hospitality, Community Support and Business of the Year.
- Nominees must have been in business for a minimum of two years, with the exception of New Business and Business of the Year - award criteria.
- To be eligible a nominee must not have WON an excellence award in that category in the previous three years.
- Nominees are eligible for consideration in only two award categories per year. If a business is nominated for more than (2) categories they will have to choose which nominations they wish to stand.
- Winners in an award category are not eligible for subsequent nominations in that category for a three-year period. (if a previous winner receives a nomination, the nominator will be notified of their ineligibility)
- Businesses can be nominated and a semi-finalist for more than one award category but can only be the recipient of one (1) award - i.e., cannot win awards in multiple categories.
- BEA sponsors and their employees are eligible for nominations in any category other than the one they are sponsoring.
- Nominees may submit their own nominations, or a third party may submit the nomination.
- Nominees will be evaluated based on the content of the nominee submission, website, social media, google reviews, not based on the number of nominations received.
- Nominees may be disqualified if it is found by the chamber, BEA committee to contain exaggerated or falsified information or charged under any Canadian law.
- The Chamber reserves the right to retract the award.
- Learn More Award Categories & Criteria