GENERAL RULES & REGULATIONS
- Anyone can nominate a business or business person for one or more award categories.
- Nominees do not have to be a member of the Penticton Chamber to be nominated.
- Businesses can only submit two (2) nomination profiles (if nominated in more than two categories, they must choose the one that is most important to them).
- Individuals can only submit one nomination profile each year (if they are nominated in more than one category, they must choose the one that is most important to them i.e Young Professional of the Year / Business Leader of the Year)
- An employee of a company nominated for a business category is permitted to submit in the individual award categories - as the award is for the individual, it is not considered a second nomination for that business.
- Winners cannot win the same category for three (3) years (if a previous winner receives a nomination, the nominator will be notified of their ineligibility)
- Business can only be a semi-finalist in one (1) award category.
- Business can only WIN in one (1) award category.
- If a company is nominated for the wrong sector award, they will be moved to the correct award category.
- Nominator information is kept confidential, not even the nominees are told who nominated them.
- Nominee profiles are kept confidential, although a portion of the company history text may be used for finalist videos, program, etc.
- All nominations will be reviewed by the award committee to ensure that the nomination is eligible.
- Business/Organization/Individual must be in Penticton and area (Summerland, Naramata, Kaladen, Okanagan Falls, Oliver, Osoyoos and Keremeos)
- You DO NOT need to be a Chamber member to nominate a business, organization or individual.
- A business DOES NOT need to be a Chamber member to be nominated.
- A business only needs one nomination to qualify per award category.
- Each award category has it's own eligibility criteria that the nominee must meet to be eligible to submit an award application. The Chamber reviews all nominations against the specific eligibility criteria for the award category the nomination is in and will notify nominees when they are approved to submit an award application.
- Nominees must have a business within the Penticton area and a valid municipal business license where applicable.
- Any for profit, non-government owned business or individual may be nominated for any award category *excluding not-for-profit award.
- Not-for-profits must be incorporated as a society or charitable organization.
- Not-for-profit organizations (excluding governments) may be nominated for the Not for Profit, Marketing & Communications, Workplace Culture, Young Professional of the Year and Business Leader of the Year.
- Non for Profits are ineligible to be nominated for Service Excellence, New Business, Hospitality, Community Support and Business of the Year.
- Nominees must have been in business for a minimum of two years, with the exception of New Business and Business of the Year.
- BEA sponsors and their employees are eligible for nominations in any category other than the one they are sponsoring.
- Nominees may submit their own nominations, or a third party may submit the nomination.
- Nominees will be evaluated based on the content of the nominee submission, website, social media, google reviews, not based on the number of nominations received.
- The Chamber may request further information to confirm or complete your application.
- All award applicants agree to be bound by these rules.
- Penticton Chamber reserves the right to disqualify incomplete applications without notice.
- Nominees may be disqualified if it is found by the chamber, BEA committee to contain exaggerated or falsified information or charged under any Canadian law.
- The Chamber reserves the right to retract the award.
- Acceptance of applications received is at the discretion of Penticton Chamber.
- Penticton Chamber reserves the right to realign categories due to volume of applications. If this process should take place, entrants will be notified.
- If there are fewer than two applications in any category, Penticton Chamber reserves the right to eliminate that category from judging or extend the deadline for that specific category to solicit additional applications.
Award Categories & Criteria